Experienced Children's Support Worker
Our client is nearly 14 years old, wheelchair dependent and he is a bright, intelligent and happy young man. He uses eye gaze communication, but he can communicate his needs by signs and nonverbal communication.
Our client attends a school for children with special needs. He has additional one-to-one support at school due to the complexity of his care needs. Our client requires assistance with personal care. He has an extensive therapeutic program to help maximize his physical and emotional well-being.
He has support at home from his parents and a busy vibrant family life with his siblings. He loves football, watching sport and computer games. We seek an active support worker interested in supporting him with his skills for independence and activities.
Due to him being in the high-risk category we seek support workers whom he will be their main client. He is isolating at home until at least September 2020.
- Demonstrate a high quality of verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience of working with children
- Demonstrate awareness of risk
- Evidence of enabling skills and ability to encourage independence
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must have a good sense of humour
- Must demonstrate ability to work confidently alone and as part of a team
- A high level of mental and physical stamina
- Must demonstrate a high level of organisational and administrative skills
- Must live within Wolverhampton area
- Must be your main job due to Covid-19
Working hours: 16 Hours a week. Term time hours/ Isolation Period- 7am to 8.30am and 4pm to 9pm- Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm Saturdays. Occasional Sunday cover- 8am to 8pm or 8am to 5pm
Our client seeks someone who is well organised, flexible and has previous experience of working with clients who have Cerebral Palsy or complex needs and rehabilitation and working with therapists. The client is also looking for someone who has previous experience of working one-to-one in a client’s home/educational or community setting.
An NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable. Otherwise the applicant must be willing to undertake Care Certificate training.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure with Child Workforce Barring. Full training will be provided. A full driving licence is essential.
NB: Community Case Management Services Limited are not the Employer
Click to download PDF with full job description