COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus
CCMS is continuing to monitor the progress of Covid-19 and act in the best interest of our clients, their care and support teams and our Case Managers. We are taking a pro-active approach and are monitoring guidance and advice daily to try to reduce and mitigate any risks.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us on 01608 682522 or email email@example.com
If you are concerned that you feel you have been exposed to the virus, please stay at home and avoid close contact with other people. Call 111 and follow the NHS advice and guidance.
We are following the guidance from the Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England:
Free Coronavirus (COVID-19) Awareness Course from Skills for Health - https://www.skillsforhealth.org.uk/covid-19-course
Further information can also be found:
CCMS has undertaken a review by the CQC as part of its Emergency Support Framework. We were assessed on the following four areas:
- Safe Care and Treatment
- Staffing Arrangements
- Protection from Abuse
- Assurance Processes, Monitoring and Risk Management
The summary of this report was:
This review highlighted that the service was being well managed through the current COVID 19 crisis. We talked about the positive steps taken to ensure the safety and well-being of your service users and staff. You told us that you ensured people were given opportunities to identify any concerns relating to the current pandemic. You had systems to track and respond to any concerns with robust governance systems to ensure you were prepared to respond to any future impact from COVID-19. You were able to continue sourcing a supply of PPE. Staffing structures allowed cover for any unplanned staff absences. You told us that you had effective relationships with partner agencies such as the LA, CCG and PHE and were able to access health support when needed for the people that you care for. I was assured that there were contingencies in place to cope with any increase in impact from COVID-19.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use an anti-viral alcohol hand-sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available (at least 60-70% alcohol)
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean