Lead Case Manager
Based in: Nottinghamshire
Clients: Clients in the North, Border Country, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester, Birmingham and Northamptonshire areas.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Registered General Nurse.
- Practice Nurse.
- Level 5 Diploma in Health & Social Care and Assessor.
- Member of the Royal College of Nursing.
- Member of BABICM British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers.
Denise has over 30 years of experience in the field of nursing care and social care. During her nursing career she has worked in a variety of settings. She has worked in the community with a wide range of disabilities and health needs. Denise successfully manages the following:
- Spinal injuries all levels (Paediatric and Adult).
- Traumatic Brain injury (Paediatric and Adult) to include Walking Wounded / High Level Physical Functional Difficulties /Cognitive difficulties /Vegetative state / Minimal Awareness.
- Cerebral Palsy (Paediatric and Adult).
- Respiratory diseases / Mesothelioma / COAD / Pulmonary Embolism /Carcinoma.
- Palliative Care.
- Tracheostomy / Ventilated clients.
- Learning disabilities (Paediatric and Adult).
- Elderly care and those suffering from Dementia.
- Orthopaedic Injuries (Paediatric and Adult).
- Complex compartmental syndrome.
- Amputees (Paediatric and Adult).
She has the following additional experience and skills:
- Housing Officer with Young People and the Homeless.
- Practice Nurse for HM Forces Medical Centres in Germany, working closely with soldiers, families and visitors organising clinics and dealing with medical emergencies and on going rehabilitation.
- Ensuring a Smooth Transition of young clients with Cerebral Palsy / Brain Injury to Adult services as case manager liaising closely with educational services.
- Completing Statutory Assessments.
- Working with clients in receipt of Direct Payments, Continuing Care and Personal Budgets and challenging the assessments where necessary.
- Discharging employer's responsibilities. Recruiting / Supervising / Training / Managing support workers.
- Developing therapeutic trusting relationships and supporting clients to achieve their personal goals and lead fulfilling lives whilst being sensitive to their needs.
Denise has worked as a care manager for social services, completing statutory assessments, providing services and putting together care packages for clients with complex neurological problems, working with direct payments, Continuing Care and personal budgets. She was lead care manager for the smooth transition of young clients with Cerebral Palsy to adult services working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with the educational services. Denise successfully managed two care homes including the commissioning of a new unit and expansion of a care home working closely with a multi-disciplinary team.
She has experience of care of young clients with disabilities, elderly care and working with dementia. Denise has worked for Community Case Management Services Ltd since 2009.
She has completed the comprehensive Community Case Management Services brain, spinal and catastrophic complex injury case management pathway training and is committed to attending regular seminars conferences and other training to update her knowledge and continuous learning.
Denise has experience working with both children and adults with brain injury ranging from the walking wounded to complex and catastrophic injuries. She has a good understanding of the litigation process and practises as a Senior Case Manager.
Denise has experience of working with the Continuing Care Team and personal health care budgets. She has extensive experience of working with colleagues from a wide range of professional backgrounds to meet the needs of her clients.
Denise organises recruitment and interviews, sets up care regime from a few hours a week to 24-hour care teams, training and she manages the support workers and discharges the responsibilities for the client as employers. The main focus is her clients and developing therapeutic trusting relationships and supporting them to achieve their goals and fulfilling lives whilst being sensitive to their needs.
Denise enjoys spending time with her family and walking her dogs in the countryside and at the coast. Her spare time is spent socialising with friends and she enjoys attending the theatre and concerts.
Denise is planning to help with setting up The Silver Lining Trust in her area in the near future.