Senior Case Manager
Based in: Surrey
Clients: In and around London the M25 and the Home Counties
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Registered General Nurse - trained at The Middlesex Hospital, London.
- Member of the RCN (Royal College of Nursing).
- Member of BABICM (British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers).
Since qualifying, Gina has worked in the NHS and Independent sectors. She has 30 years' experience working predominantly within the Community and allied sectors. For the last ten years she has worked as a Case Manager with Community Case Management Services having successfully completed the comprehensive case manager's pathway and now works as a senior case manager experienced in managing the following:
- Spinal injuries all levels (Paediatric and Adult).
- Traumatic Brain injury (Paediatric and Adult) to include Walking Wounded / High Level Physical Functional Difficulties /Cognitive difficulties /Vegetative state / Minimal Awareness.
- Cerebral Palsy (Paediatric and Adult).
- Respiratory diseases / Mesothelioma / COAD / Pulmonary Embolism / Carcinoma.
- Tracheostomy / Ventilated clients.
- Learning disabilities (Paediatric and Adult).
- Elderly care to include Dementia.
- Palliative care.
- Orthopaedic Injuries (Paediatric and Adult).
- Complex compartmental syndrome.
- Amputees (Paediatric and Adult).
Gina has a wealth experience of working with adults with complex needs, severe brain injury with physical, cognitive and behavioural problems, spinal injury, upper and lower limb amputation, cerebral palsy and psychological illness to include post-traumatic stress disorder. She works closely with clients and their families, helping them achieve maximum function and independence to lead as high a quality of life as possible, also taking into account former lifestyle.
Gina has experience helping clients with the transition from hospital/specialist rehabilitation units to the community; arranging accommodation, adaptations and equipment as needed, implementing rehabilitation programmes, setting up and managing 24-hour specialist care packages, or just a few hours social care a week. She liaises with, and works closely with multi-disciplinary teams; treating specialists, neuro-psychologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, prosthetic specialists, community rehab teams, private care providers and social services.
Gina attends training updates such as risk assessments and seminars for professional update and has experience working with medico legal teams, insurance companies and attending conferences. She also carries out assessments and prepares reports for costs for care for personal injury claims and has experience of giving evidence in the High Court.
Gina is one of the volunteer co-ordinators for the Surrey group of Silverlining, a charity which helps to provide social opportunities and also challenges for clients with brain injury. Gina says that she finds this very rewarding and inspiring when listening to clients stories and helping them to develop friendships.
Gina was brought up on the coast in South Devon but for many years she has lived in London and now has settled in Surrey.
Gina loves catching up with her family and friends. She has varied social activities to include anything to do with art and she is currently learning to paint. She enjoys going to the theatre but even more than ever now as her nieces are aspiring thespians. She enjoys travelling - trips to France to visit the markets and wine growing areas and fine weather sailing in warmer climates.