Based in: North East
Clients: North East, North West and far Northern Regions
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- BSc Honours Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Diploma in Society Health and development.
- Royal Collage of Occupational Therapist registered.
- HCPC registered.
Alice is an experienced Occupational Therapist with 6 years’ experience. Alice begun her career as a locum Occupational Therapist and this enabled her to work with clients with a range of complex health and social care needs and has transferrable skills and practice experience across a range of sectors.
Alice combines case management with independent practice as an Occupational Therapist. She completes assessments for care and adaptation needs on behalf of charities and benevolent funds. In addition, Alice has on-going Occupational Therapy programmes to support individuals following accidents to regain their independence within the community and home. Alice is a specialist mentor at University supporting students to develop plans and strategies to overcome their mental health and learning barriers, as well as providing assistive technology training for students and employees.
Alice has completed additional professional development to include understanding the litigation process for clients with catastrophic injury and is fully aware of the pivotal role of the case manager in presenting the case to ensure all aspects have been addressed to increase independent functioning and quality of life.
Having such varied experience, Alice has demonstrated the competence and skill in being able to fulfil the responsibilities of a Case Manager and she would ensure a meticulous, organised, evidence-based and clinically sound approach supporting individual clients.
Alice can provide case management for clients with the following injuries:
- Moderate Spinal Injury.
- General illness/disease surgical recovery.
- Neurological disease – both progressive and acquired.
- Head injury.
- Elderly Care.
- Learning disabilities.
- Mental health.
- Chronic Pain and Fatigue.
Alice works with adults, elderly or adolescent clients. She is very skilled in the following areas:
- Coordinating assessment and provision of equipment and home adaptations, and assistive technology to promote independence and rehabilitation.
- Completing comprehensive assessment of rehabilitation and care needs, with development of clear and concise plans to meet identified needs.
- Recruitment of care/support staff.
- Care co-ordination.
- Carer training.
- Liaison with third parties, and other relevant services involved in care and rehabilitation provision.
- Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Coordination of private therapy and healthcare services.
- General management of the collective services, ensuring all care, social and well-being needs are being met and the involved services are working collaboratively and efficiently towards the same positive outcome and client goals.
Alice is committed to on-going learning and clinical and professional development; she attends relevant training events and actively continues with engaging in new and additional learning opportunities to ensure she can provide the best service possible for her clients. She is a proactive and diligent worker who responds quickly to any issues that arise and deals with challenging situations in an organised, methodical, and professional way. Alice prides herself on having a friendly and approachable manner and always puts the client’s needs first.
Outside of work, Alice enjoys a relaxed lifestyle. She lives with her partner and their dog. She enjoys long walks visiting the beach and the country. Alice enjoys an active social life; she does her best to take care of her own physical and mental well-being through keeping fit and active. Alice practices a lot of what she preaches by finding a good balance in life between productivity, self-care and recreational activities.