Based in: Dorset/Hampshire border
Clients: Dorset, Devon, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Essex, Somerset and the South Coast
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Diploma College of Occupational Therapists (St Loyes School 1989)
- American Association of Occupational Therapists (OT registered USA 1992)
- NEBS Management Diploma (West Oxfordshire College 1996)
- NVQ level 4 in Management (1996)
- Functional Capacity Evaluator UK certification (Obair & Roy Matheson Associates Inc 2015)
- Trainer Quals Level 3 Award (2017)
- Undertaking CUBS (Cardiff University Bond Solon) Medical Expert certificate
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists – Full professional member (BT0100082)
- CMSUK – Full professional member (08-0562-CM)
- BABICM – (Registered Practitioner 3777)
- Occupational Therapists in Independent Practice (RCOT specialist section)
- Occupational Therapy in Work (RCOT specialist section)
- Occupational Therapy Neurological Conditions (RCOT specialist section)
- Association of Healthcare Trainers member
Debbie trained and qualified as an Occupational Therapist over 30 years ago. During this time, Debbie has worked across the UK and USA in a variety of roles as an experienced ‘hands on’ practitioner, team leader and departmental manager for OT services, and is experienced in managing multidisciplinary teams and support workers to promote increased independent functioning.
Debbie has been a Case Manager since 2007, mainly focusing on large loss and catastrophic cases alongside the litigation process and is used to working with litigation team and CoP deputy teams. Debbie’s client base has predominantly been with adults and young people going through a transition period into adulthood. She has experience of clients suffering cognitive, behavioural and psychological difficulties alongside physical trauma and often works with their families, support teams, educational establishments and employers in aiming towards a more fulfilled and meaningful long-term lifestyle.
Debbie can provide case management to include sourcing of appropriate independent therapists and care providers to meet the client’s needs and recruiting directly employed support staff for the following clients:
- Spinal injuries all levels (Paediatric and Adult)
- Traumatic Brain injury (Paediatric Young Adults and Adults) to include Walking Wounded / High Level Physical Functional Difficulties / Cognitive Difficulties and those with complex care needs
- Cerebral Palsy (Paediatric and Adult)
- Progressive Neurological Diseases
Additionally, Debbie regularly undertakes:
- Equipment and mobility assessments.
- Moving and Handling Assessments.
- Support team training.
Much of Debbie’s work has been in the field of trauma, neurology and neurosciences. She has gained valuable experience in specialist inpatient rehabilitation settings both in the private and public sector, within community neuro rehab and vocational services, and on a consultancy basis for charities for housing advice and condition management.
Debbie is married and has two grown-up children who have made their own recent transition into adulthood. She recognises the importance of family support and establishing positive networks to enable future independence, exploration and success.
When not travelling to see her own family, Debbie enjoys longer distance adventure, learning about new cultures and ways of life. On the quieter side, Debbie has a passion for cooking and enjoys reading and listening to books whilst drinking the odd glass of wine!