Paediatric Case Manager
Based in: London
Clients: London, South East and East Anglia
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Master in Social Work
- Master in Health Promotion
- BA (Hons) Health Studies with Social Studies
- Member of the British Association of Social Workers
- Member of Social Work England
- Member of British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers
- Member of Case Management Services UK
Having qualified in 2009, Trudy initially worked within statutory children’s services formerly working as a senior practitioner, extensively within family support. Following this, she has managed children who have sustained catastrophic and complex injuries following clinical negligence and personal injury. She is skilled in all aspects of care assessment, and care planning as well as the management of multi-disciplinary therapy teams to ensure a cohesive approach.
Trudy has successfully and comprehensively managed children with complex and profound physical, sensory and medical needs due to brain damage caused at birth. Trudy has experience in providing case management for the following clients:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spinal Injury
- Genetic Microdeletion Syndrome
- Respiratory Vulnerabilities
- Gastroesophageal Disease
Trudy is experienced in the management of support workers and rehabilitation assistants and acts as an advocate for her clients and families. Trudy ensures that she maintains the standards of best practice, as well as discharging employers’ responsibilities on behalf of the client by:
- Working closely with support workers and families to fully understand the client’s day to day function and working within their best interests.
- Liaising with litigation solicitors and financial deputies, presenting factual evidence of the needs of the client and the impact on the family.
- Identifying risks and producing immediate and short-term needs, care plans.
- Convening multi-disciplinary team meetings that include core (health, education, schools), public, private, voluntary and charity organisations. Observing and analysing the professional input and ensuring that each therapist works from goal-based platforms and provides measurable outcomes.
- Contributes successfully to the development of Education and Health Care Plans.
- Proactively works with local authorities to ensure appropriate funding is available for school transport provisions in line with the pupil premium funding availability.
- Promotes independent functional ability as part of rehabilitation planning.
- Ensuring ethical practice within the boundaries prescribed by national, legal and local codes of ethical practice.
Trudy has always enjoyed working with people, especially children as she believes a child is more likely to become a rounded individual when their emotional, intellectual, social and physical development is supported strongly.
When Trudy is not working, she enjoys travelling within and outside the UK. Trudy enjoys going to the cinema and theatre, fine dining, airplane watching and listening to music. Trudy is an active volunteer within her local community and has supported her previous local authority in disseminating messages in honour of the World Aids Day.