Based in: the West Midlands
Clients: The Midlands and surrounding areas
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of CSP
- HCPC registered
- Member of ACPOHE
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy second class upper, 2:1 (University of Ibadan, 2001)
- MSc Physiotherapy (Coventry University, 2011)
- Posture management for adults and children with complex disabilities trained
- CSP Steward trained
- AGILE conference (managing long term conditions)
- Musculoskeletal radiology for physiotherapists
- Society of musculoskeletal Medicine SOMM foundation courses, Module A, B and C (including cervical, thoracic, lumbar spines, SIJ with upper and lower limbs)
Ade has over 18 years post qualification experience in physiotherapy practice. Following completion of her physiotherapy rotations she has worked in various settings in both the private sector and the NHS.
She worked in a private hospital in Northampton for 4 years treating specialist dementia, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, mental health and elderly frail clients. She then moved to BMI Meriden hospital in Coventry where she worked for 5 years in both inpatient and outpatients treating complex neuro-musculoskeletal and orthopaedic cases. She worked with consultant orthopaedics and neuro-surgeons to develop post-operative rehabilitation packages as needed.
Between 2011 and now, Ade has worked in over 10 NHS trusts across the west midlands as a locum physiotherapist working in neuro-rehabilitation, intermediate care and community settings, gaining invaluable wealth of knowledge in assessing and managing clients with:
- Complex orthopaedic conditions
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neurological conditions (motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease various neuropathies, muscular dystrophy)
- Cerebral palsy
- Mental health issues
Ade has a record of providing holistic patient centred care to enable the clients to reach their optimal rehabilitation potential, co-ordinating a range of service needs of the client as needed. She communicates effectively with family members and carers providing support in order to help the client achieve their desired goals as much as it is practicable. Working in all the various settings listed has given Ade a wealth of experience and working knowledge of how health and social care work, helping to enable the most efficient and cost-effective rehabilitation package for the client. Ade has excellent skills in planning, attention to detail, organisation, analytical thinking, listening and interviewing skills to mention a few.
Ade works with community case management services as a treating physiotherapist and case manager. Ade has undertaken the comprehensive case management pathway training.
Ade speaks English, Yoruba and pidgin-English (spoken in West-Africa).
Ade is married with children. She enjoys socialising with family and friends and she volunteers in a church charity. She is also keen about maintaining her fitness.