Case Manager, Independent Social Worker and CHC
Based in: Warwickshire
Clients: The Midlands and further afield
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- B.A. in Social Work
- Diploma in Social Work
- Post Graduate Diploma in Specialist Social Work - Adults
- Member of the British Association of Social Workers
- Member of BABICM
Safina has worked within the social care field for thirty-five years, initially beginning her career with “grass roots” practice as a care worker and senior care worker. She qualified as a social worker in 2005 and has worked extensively for Local Authorities within both community and hospital settings. She has been employed as a social worker and also as a team manager.
Safina has been working on a self-employed basis for three years, to afford herself the opportunity to undertake a broader range of work. she has much experience of working with adults and elderly people with physical disabilities. She is skilled in all aspects of assessment, care management and care planning including:
- Hospital discharge – working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, collaboratively working with other health professionals.
- Experience of working on projects and pathways shared between Local Authority and Primary Care Trusts, enabling patients to have the opportunity for rehabilitation and extended periods of assessment.
- Organising and commissioning care provision.
- Knowledge and practice in the completion of continuing health care assessments.
- Has worked on a Stroke unit, working as part of a team, supporting people who have experienced strokes and trauma.
- Has completed carers assessments and worked with family members and carers during times of crisis.
- Has undertaken training in adult safeguarding and has knowledge and skills within adult protection work.
- Is able to complete capacity assessments and has knowledge of Mental Capacity Code of Practice.
- Has worked extensively with people who have a diagnosis of dementia and challenging behaviours.
- Has been a prescriber for assisted technology and knowledge of incorporating technology as part of care planning to support the independence of individuals living in the community.
As a Team Manager, Safina has:
- Managed teams of staff.
- Mentored and supported staff with continued professional development.
- Developed and presented training programmes.
- Experience of managing a promoting independence team, developed to encourage and support clients to maintain their independence within the community.
Safina has always enjoyed working with people and says that she feels privileged to have met so many interesting people and has been able to help them in some way through difficult times. She is a dementia friend and has a particular interest in the care of the elderly. Safina has managed a residential care home for a short while finding time spent with the residents was very rewarding.
When Safina is not working, she enjoys living in the countryside and going out waking with her dog. She enjoys spending time in her VW camper van on weekends away. Safina is interested in interior design and likes to collect and salvage furniture and items to renovate. She can often be found painting, sanding or sewing!