Team of Support Workers
An excellent opportunity has arisen for Support Workers and Team Leaders to be part of a new team providing care and support for a client in the Croydon area. In return, we offer competitive pay rates, full induction and ongoing training.
We require enthusiastic, organised and experienced complex care Support Workers to provide care and support to a male client in their family home. Our Client has complex needs and is a full-time wheelchair user who suffered a severe traumatic brain injury twenty years ago.
This is a new care package and we are keen to meet people who are dedicated to delivering gold standard of care and would like to be part of a new team. As a Support Worker, you will provide care and support with all aspects of his care and developing support to access activities in the community with him.
We are seeking workers who enjoy are keen to engage in activities with our client who has difficulties communicating and we seek support workers who understand acquired brain injury.
The successful Support Worker and Team Leaders will:
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
- Be willing to be flexible and able to work weekends
- Be willing to undergo a DBS Check
- Demonstrate a high quality of verbal and written communication skills
- Have previous experience of working with clients with complex needs and a brain injury
- Demonstrate awareness of risk
- Have a positive attitude, be flexible and able to respond to emergencies is essential
- Have a good sense of humour
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work confidently alone and as part of a team
- Have a high level of mental and physical stamina
- Demonstrate a high level of organisational and administrative skills
The hours of work are:
- Team Leader – 1 x 40 hour post
- Support Workers – various day (08:00-20:30 and 09:00-15:00) and night (20:00-08:00) posts available, full time and part time.
- Relief Support Workers required too
The closing date is 4 October 2017
Please apply online to be considered for the Support Worker and Team Leader posts.Click to download PDF with full job description