Experienced Support Workers required for a young female adult who has visual impairment living in the Wallingford area.
Our client is a young adult with visual impairment who requires support with accessing activities and events in the community, in order that she can lead her life as close as possible to how she would have prior to her impairment.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the client, promoting and enabling her to develop her independence and wellbeing. You will take an active role in her support under the supervision of the case consultancy team.
You will work to engage with the client in all aspects of her life and to develop a positive relationship. You will need to have a resilient and robust personality with a positive attitude and outlook on life. You will need to be highly motivated, empathetic, understanding and non-judgemental.
- Relevant experience in working with clients with additional needs, especially relating to the key goals of the role, as outlined.
- Available for a variety of shifts throughout the week including weekend shifts.
- Responsible, trustworthy and very reliable.
- Genuine caring, sensitive and patient profile.
- Ability to learn and follow training and assessment.
- Confident, creative and independent, in assisting in researching and planning activities.
- Desire to take part in these activities with the client.
- Use of own car.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to work using IT.
Working hours: Up to 10 Hours per week. You will be required to work one weekend shift and potentially daily weekday evening shifts per week. Hours are to be confirmed each week but on average will be up to 10 hours per week, flexible around client needs. Overtime will likely be available (especially during school holidays) and flexibility is essential.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS).
Full training will be provided. A full driving licence is essential and use of own car is essential.
NB: Community Case Management Services Limited are not the Employer
Click to download PDF with full job description