Bank Support Worker
We are recruiting a buddy to work with a teenage boy. He is a wheelchair user and his speech is affected by his Cerebral Palsy. He needs a buddy who will have fun with him and take him on outings, do activities with him and accompany him when he goes out with his friends. There are some personal care aspects to the job and his buddy will work on therapy programmes to help him to live as independently as possible.
He needs to be escorted to and from school and he also needs to be supported during the school holidays.
He needs someone who is well organised, flexible, responsible, trustworthy and reliable.
- Willingness to undertake Care Certificate Training
- Experience of and enthusiasm for working with young people with physical and communication disabilities.
- Have 2 suitable references (professional and/or educational)
- Be prepared to go through the necessary background checks
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- NVQ level 2, Health and Social Care or equivalent
Working hours: Monday morning 6.45am-10am, Monday afternoon 2.30pm-5.30pm, Tuesday morning 6.45am-10am, Tuesday evening 2.30pm-5.30pm, Wednesday morning 6.45am-10am, Wednesday evening 2.30pm-5.30pm, Thursday 6.45am-10am, Friday 2.30pm-9.10pm.
There is some flexibility with the working hours, with more available during the school holidays.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Full training will be provided. A full driving licence is essential.
NB: Community Case Management Services Limited are not the Employer
Click to download PDF with full job description