Complex Care Child Support Worker
The experienced Support Workers will work in the family home in partnership with dedicated parents and our small team. Our client is a boy with complex care needs, he is peg fed, has Epilepsy and he is wheelchair dependent. He requires 24-hour care and support with all activities of daily living and loves interactions with his family and care team. We offer a full induction and ongoing training.
The Support Worker will be responsible for helping with aspects of the client’s therapy programme and working closely with the relevant professionals.
The successful Support Worker will:
- Applicants Preferably must have experience of working or volunteering in a caring or educational role with Children or complex adult care.
- Have experience in a similar role
- Hold a full driving licence
- Hold an NVQ 2/3 in social care
- Be caring, flexible, positive and enthusiastic
- Be honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Be willing to undergo a DBS Check
- Be willing to undertake an intensive induction
The hours of work are:
- Nights 22:00-09:15 1-2 nights a week
- Morning shift 06:00-10:00
- Evening Shift 22:00-Midnight
In addition, we require relief / bank staff and an experienced Support Worker to support the Night Carer from 06:00-10:00 Monday to Friday. This is a new role and applicants will need to be flexible as times may vary slightly. Weekends may be required in future.
Applicants must be flexible to work with the team and therapists during day hours too. We also require Support Workers for one night a week and to cover for holidays and sickness.