*Female Support Worker
Opportunity have arisen for experienced Support Workers to assist a lovely 13-year boy with an acquired brain injury in the Cheltenham area. Our client has both physical and cognitive difficulties and therefore needs assistance with all aspects of daily life requiring support workers who are caring, compassionate and conscientious.
You will work as a part of a small friendly team, providing a high standard of therapeutic support and care, based in the client’s family home. You will be provided with appropriate, client-specific training and regular supervision sessions with your team leader or case manager to ensure competence and professional development.
Main duties of the job:
- Administering prescribed medication
- Assisting with personal care, grooming and moving and handling tasks
- Assisting with PEG feeding regime
- Incorporating educational and therapeutic support into activities of daily living
- Assisting with epilepsy management
- Maintaining care plans and record keeping
- Communicating with the client, his family, team leader and case manager
- Accompanying away from home for outings by agreement
- Work closely with treating therapists in the implementation of prescribed therapy for which you will be provided with bespoke training and assessment of competence and confidence
- Essential Requirements:
- Ideally experience of working with children with acquired brain injuries
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to provide a high standard of support with a caring and professional approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm, initiative, reliability and flexibility are all essential
- IT skills to be able to upload and view documents on our cloud operation system (training will be provided)
- Full driving licence
Hours: Weekdays, weekends, waking nights and school holidays – flexibility essential.
- Full time positions (140 hours over a 4-week rota period plus as and when required) The full-time posts will have probationary periods of 6 months.
- Bank positions (flexible hours as and when required). This bank posts will have probationary periods of 3 months.
Please apply online.
This post is subject to two excellent references and successful DBS enhanced disclosure.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010" for a female* worker to work with our client.Click to download PDF with full job description