Self Employed Support Worker/Carer
Self-employed carer / support worker required for a 17 year old man with cerebral palsy who lives with his family in Hungerford. Applicants must be energetic and have a good sense of humour.
Main responsibilities of the self-employed carer / support worker are:
- All aspects of personal care
- Assisting with hydrotherapy, physio and occupational therapy
- implementing the use of an eye gaze system
- Supporting client in accessing the local community, trips to cinema, pubs, football matches and music events
- Ordering and administering of prescribed medication, preparation of food for a blended diet through a gastrostomy tube.
- Washing and ironing of clients personal clothing and bedding, maintaining equipment and ensuring clients bedroom and bathroom are kept clean and tidy
- Working alongside his team of treating therapists and carrying out their prescribed therapy between sessions
Our client seeks someone who is well organised and flexible. Hours available are as follows:
Monday – Friday term time 07.00 – 08.30 hrs
Monday – Friday term time 15.30 – 20.30 hrs
Saturday & Sunday 08.00 – 20.00 hrs
School holidays 08.00 – 20.00 hrs
Will consider full time, part time or occasional hours.
All posts are subject to DBS Enhanced Disclosure. Full training will be provided. A full driving licence is preferable but not essential.
Closing Date: 18 December 2017Click to download PDF with full job description