Case Manager and Occupational Therapist
Based in: Midlands
Clients: In and around the Midlands
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Registered Occupational Therapist
- Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered OT17223
- British Association of Occupational Therapists BT0100421
- Member of the College of Occupational Therapists
- Management Diploma
- Diploma in Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) in Healthcare 2013
- Masters modules in leadership in Healthcare
Anne originally commenced her career in the NHS as a nurse before training as an Occupational Therapist. She has worked both in hospitals and in the community in a variety of clinical specialisms. She has a wealth of experience in acute care, rehabilitation and working in client homes. She has extensive clinical and managerial experience in healthcare.
For Anne, this encompasses acute care and rehabilitation within the community.
- Management of clients with Brain Injury of all severities – walking wounded to profound injury minimal awareness
- Spinal injury – all levels both adult and paediatric
- Neurology – Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s and Stroke
- Cardiac Rehabilitation, stress management and relaxation therapies
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Disability management in the workplace – Vocational Rehabilitation physical and mental Health - return to work programmes
- Orthopaedics – includes pre-operative clinics, joint school, acute wards, rehabilitation programmes, home assessments, provision of detailed written reports
- Assessment, treatment and discharge of clients with multi-pathologies from an acute hospital setting into community to include complex discharge
- Rheumatology, Osteoporosis management
- Simple and complex discharge experience
- Elderly care
- General Medicine
- Hand injuries and splinting
- Community - assessment of need and complex equipment
- Single handed care assessments
- Cognitive assessments
- Wheelchairs and seating
- Mobility Assessor
- Community based catastrophic and complex care assessments
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Adaptations, aids and equipment assessment
Anne is an experienced clinician and therapy manager. She has been a Head Occupational Therapist managing its service as well as a Clinical Team Leader managing therapists and the therapy service in Orthopaedics. She specialises in managing complex cases and working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Anne is a resourceful and motivated individual with a great passion for working with clients and improving independence in occupational performance. She is a good communicator with the ability to adapt to the situation and individual. She is highly experienced in partnership working and working as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Anne has extensive experience in the many different problems that physically and psychologically impaired clients and their families face. She works in accordance with other professionals to help implement strategies that enable the clients to manage their difficulties and in turn minimises the impact of their injuries on their lives.
Anne has much experience in leadership and management. She is experienced with managing difficult situations, recruitment and retention return to work programmes working closely with HR and occupational health services.
Anne maintains her CPD on a regular basis to ensure she is continually developing professionally by regularly attending courses, study days, independent study and conferences. Anne has developed extremely positive relationships with a variety of clients and their families.
She has always been passionate about challenging boundaries to achieve out-comes and always has a ‘can do’ attitude. She also thrives on sharing her knowledge and enjoys teaching and developing others to support clients.